Monday, January 6, 2014

No Matter If...

No matter how many people claim the world has changed and is constantly changing, no matter how much proof they have, I still can see so much hatred, discrimination, inequality all over the world. People gather in groups, organizations, all types of “separations”, just to distinguish themselves from the others.  Is this a progress? How much have we evolved for the last couple of centuries? Yeah, we have iPhones and touch screens… Does this really matter that much? Don’t be so superficial and don’t hide behind the mask of religion or  old-fashioned beliefs. The world changes and we have to know this. Relations between people change, we have to learn our lesson. Stop being blind and ignorant! Open your eyes, see other people’s prayers,  not only yours.


No matter if…


you are black. So what? Some people are trying to convince me there are some differences between white people and black . Of course there are, we are all different.  I remember when I was reading “Uncle Tom’s cabin” and I was horrified by the atrocities white man did to the black people. I couldn’t believe and imagine that simply because of your skin color, you could be treated that way. I don’t discriminate! You?

you are fat. So what? You don’t have the right to enjoy life, you have to look like the skinny models on magazine covers or like fitness maniacs? You are human, just like me, just like anyone else. Just because you love food, it doesn’t mean I don’t love running… it’s the same. We all have passions, why shouldn’t we enjoy them. If you are ok with this, don’t give a, you know what, about the others who have problem with this. It’s ok, I love food too!Do you?

you are gay or lesbian. You like people of your own sex? And so what? Other people are disgusted by you or the thing you do or like. I can’t really understand why? These people have hearts, they love, they need the same things we need. There isn’t  a more beautiful thing of people loving each otherbe sensitive to love, not to prejudice. I am tolerant, you?

you are poor. You can’t buy new shoes or you can’t pay your electricity bill. Just because you were born in a poor family and you've had a horrible start it doesn’t mean you are not as equal as the others. Remember how many rich people are unhappy and depressed. It’s always better to have  a dreadful start and a nice finish. Don’t  feel different , money can be earned and spent very easilyI accept you as equal! Do you?

you are not beautiful. Ok, I just want to make it clear! Beauty is not everything in this world. This is a stupid cliché. Everyone has his own niche, you just have to find it. I won’t lie to youmost probably you are not beautiful according to society’s expectations, but you must have something else. Don’t lose what you’ve got, searching for what you haven’t got. I like you! You?

you don’t fit the mold. If you are not the perfect “profile” or you don’t obey today's "laws". It could be anything. Don’t feel different just because you are.  I accept you, I tolerate you, I like you, I am fine with you, you are perfectly ok!

I know some of you will be motivated and stimulated, some will think about it, others will be indifferent, some will laugh at me. As I said, no matter if you think this or that way, I accept you. There is only one thing I want to tell you. When you mock at someone, or hurt , or discriminate, or humiliate, ask one simple question “God, if I were at his place?” Would it be nice? Just think about this...

Yours,
D. D.

Related Articles: 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment