Monday, August 10, 2015

A Letter To A Father

I remember once I was challenged by a G+ friend to write a letter to someone - your younger self, friend, father, mother… I tried to write something. It didn’t work. I wanted it to be real, to be true and honest, perhaps - to hurt. Back then I didn’t know to whom I might write and say something I wanted to say. Now I know!

www.amazingtruelifestories.com



Hey,

I don’t know how to start, you know, we had never been too close. Communication was not your strongest and finest quality, especially with the family, especially with your son. Strange, isn’t it? We never really talked to each other seriously and right now this is exactly what I am trying to do. I know this time you will listen.

Sorry… this is the only thing I want to say to you. I am sorry about everything I have done. I can’t and don’t want to turn back time, just wanted to tell you this. The way I treated you was horrible, every bad word I told  to you was horrible, my behavior had always been dreadful. I know you have already forgiven me, for this is what parents always do - no matter how terrible their kids are, they forgive. Forgive and love… I know you are happier, wherever you are right now. I know it, the way I know God exists - I don’t need any proof! Again, I don’t rue anything I’ve done so far.

No, don’t look at me, I know I am crying… I hate when someone sees when I am crying. Why am I? I have no idea, my heart says so, it’s like I’ve lost an inseparable part of me. Well… that’s it.

PS

Don’t forget my birthday, it’s coming. The first one without you.

No comments:

Post a Comment