Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Gloves Or Mittens



Don’t you dare to laugh, this is no joke, everything is worthy of an article… it’s completely serious! In my adventures searching for a nice job as a blogger, or a writer, or both, or none of them, or just something which is able to write, think, imagine, I met a very interesting task which was given to me. Let me try to phrase the exact task and play with it a little bit…

Ladies and gentlemen... gloves!


Please, take a stance on the classic debate about whether 5-finger gloves or mittens are preferable, and explain to us your position.”

Classic debate? Well, it must be something I overlooked during the past 20 years… this is not exactly the classic I'm aware of, but who knows, Ignorance is spreading like a plague. Amongst Greek mythology, Shakespeare,  the global warming, American pie should be this classic, too! It certainly provokes very deep, philosophical and sophisticated thoughts. This is an absolutely existential discussion which should take part in everywhere, anywhere by all people, no matter if they speak Mandarin, Hebrew or Russian. This is a topic worthy of a poem, no... this is not enough, it should be an ode, let me try:

Philosophers are blind before
a heavy discussion, or even more?
Physicians say "Five is better than one"
but where is the Freedom then?


To proceed the thought, I want to develop the whole idea. 5- finger gloves sounds pretty well, because every finger has its own "place" and the right to be independent... ok, fingers' rights are kept. But I think that mittens create more holistic atmosphere, they are together, packed like sheep, warming each other, just an idyll. Or if I have to be as precise as every student should be in class, let's say the wise conclusion: they both have advantages and disadvantages. Simple as that! And if I have to be honest, my last sentence will make everything above pointless. It depends on the person... if you like 5-finger gloves - buy this, if you like mittens - well, you know the way to the store!

And... mittens


No, no, no… It wasn’t sarcasm! I was completely honest, yesterday I even had a dream of this hectic discussion. And this dream told me “ Listen to your(don’t expect to write heart!) fingers, they will tell you the one,  the holy truth.”

Related Articles:


No comments:

Post a Comment