Monday, December 16, 2013

Purple rain, purple rain...

One short essay written couple of months ago. Though, still like it!



Purple rain, purple rain…Yes, I never meant to hurt or cause any trouble and pain. Have you listened to this emblematic song? Have you listened to something and tried to understand it, to feel it, to touch it with your senses it, to take something out of it?
Let’s take  a short look on some of the greatest, most emblematic and most soulful ballads of all time.

Purple rain...


Is there a person who hasn’t listened to Prince’s song purple rain? Wow, the lyrics, the way he sings it- it shows so much, so deep… “I never wanted to be your weekend lover”  he is singing and I really believe he thinks so.

“ I would rather I would rather go blind…” Etta James is singing in her best ballad. Who doesn’t believe in this, you can all  feel the pain, the bleeding of one broken heart watching her boy leaves. Stunning!

When we love someone we never ever want to let him go… this is what  Joe Lynn Turner is singing in one of the best ballads of all time- “Can’t let you go”. Yes his pure, clean voice is trying to stop the lady to go… When I listened to this there is no doubt he is ready to die but never let her go.

So far I put only music back to the previous century. It is not because I don’t believe there are cool and good musicians now, but music is like the wine- it needs time to mature. But I am going to make an exception, because this artist, this song is something unreal, so powerful, it’s like a tsunami…

“Never mind I find someone like you, I wish nothing but the best for you”. This is how the chorus starts, pure pain, can’t feel the suffering, the drama, so painful that it brings joy.” Sometimes it lasts in love but sometimes it hurts instead”- is there anything we can say when our hearts are speaking instead? No, we need only to listen to and feel it. This is why music was made for.

I gave you only four songs, four examples of ballads. I don’t pretend they are the best, or the most famous. This article is my own opinion, just tried or explain one universal law- listen to music, enjoy it, feel it and you will be blessed. If there is any proof of God’s existence it is music.

Love each other,

D. D.

Related Articles: 

No comments:

Post a Comment