Wednesday, March 5, 2014

If You Feel Happy

I love listening to music, we all do, well certainly there are people that don’t, but… who cares? When it comes to music I’m really a chameleon… I’ve changed a lot during the years - from the black, depressed heavy metal teen through the crazy, wild hard rock dynamite (special greetings with TNT to those who understand what I mean) up until the profound, lyric and deep soul music at the age of 23. Right now I have a different attitude towards music - I just listen to anything and if it touches me, I just like it. I don’t really care about genres, styles or whatever. Carpe diem, as my crazy new-yorker friend Lori Griffin Morra says, or grab the moment and the song, and feel blessed you have ears to hear it and brain to understand it.

I’m not a fan of Pharrell nor I will be, I remember him long time ago, but it doesn’t mean that I won ‘t like or appreciate a song he made. I’m talking about his song “Happy” - a commercial bomb which exploded a couple of weeks ago. I heard it… it grabbed me, I watched it - it made my day! I was whispering the chorus “Clap along if you la-la-la-la” while I was in the bus with tired, bored and unsatisfied people. I just loved this “clap along” and I want to suggest you several others clap alongs than  those chosen by Pharrell. 

Clapping man!


Come on people clap along if you see children playing hide and seek, remember the passion, the adrenaline you felt trying to keep yourself hidden. Be a child again, you know it’s lovely.

You see street dancers, they are f**** crazy, wild, making things you can’t even imagine. Stay there and just clap along, this is the only thing you can do. Well, you can give them a couple of coins, right? And start shaking besides clapping.

You see an old couple, very old and they are holding each other's hands… wow, you thought this existed only in the tales. Clap along to those birds in love, bow before the might, power and endurance of Love.

People say “Your job is boring, it’s low paid!” But you like it, then you can clap along and have fun, you can even go outside and start singing  “Clap along if you like your boring job.”

You are nudist! The beach is lying in front of you, hot, burning, and the water offers it’s soft and caressing hands… clap along and meanwhile take off your clothes, this is the way you like it! You can even shake your… legs.

Coffee+coke+chocolate= death… or at least that’s what doctors say, but I like it so much (yes, I am talking about me) and after taking this drug I clap along one day, one night and one hour.


Clap along if you feel lucky enough to have room with a roof and walls. And a bed, and a kitchen and a bathroom and food in that kitchen. Now you realized how much you’ve had.

Clap along if you love life, clap along any moment you feel happy. Spread the word, be the word through action, live and be the change you want to see.  Feel free to rule your own world, life and destiny and never forget - other people also have theirs, respect it as well! I am leaving you people… clapping and singing.


Related Articles:

No comments:

Post a Comment