Monday, August 25, 2014

Million Dollar Morning

That was my first thought when I woke up today and looked out of the window. Vitosha* was huddled up like a cat, caressed by its owner - the Sun. It was lovely green, alive, warm, throbbing. It was August, a perfect summer morning! This morning I didn’t feel alive, but living, not functioning, but breathing. I felt like a part of something whole, I felt my little, tiny hope that Paradise is somewhere on Earth is not as absurd as I’ve ever thought. The Sky was blue, but a blue without any trails clouds. The trees have become alive, old ents that were chattering on their ancient, absurd tongue.





Why I thought it was a “million dollar morning?” Maybe because, occasionally, we are capable of touching the essence of life, its meaning. What is lifе's meaning then? Happiness? One moment pleasure? What? It is ridiculous to claim I have understood everything, but can millions buy such a moment, millions symbolizing the material ambition? You just realize how absurd is the connection between happiness and material. It sounds funny in “real” moments like this one. My opinion at least… I don’t have the claim to be the Bible or the Quran or any other measure what is right and what is wrong. I understood the link between this summer morning, the Sun, material, happiness… moments, all about moments - no past, no present, no future, only a flash, one second, one blink, one instant. An instant of bliss, a million dollar moment.




It was not a dream, I wasn’t sleeping either. It was not a mere longing, I just grabbed this morning, the happiness. My day is not going to be gray!

No comments:

Post a Comment